- 1/2 Veggie Protein Bloc or 2 Veggie Protein Steaks in cubes
- 500 g green beans
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 potatoes
- 1.5 l vegetable bouillon
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp savory
Preparation of green bean soup with potato and seitan
- Clean the green beans and other vegetables for the soup and cut them into 1 cm pieces.
- Add them together with the cubed seitan to the vegetable bouillon and cook softly for around an hour.
- Cube the potatoes and add them to the bouillon after 30 minutes.
- Dice the onion and leek and fry until golden in some olive oil.
- Add a spoonful of flour and then add together with the fresh savory to the soup.
- Remove the savory before serving. Enjoy!
Tip of Stefano:
Green beans, fresh and crunchy, healthy and packed with vitamins
Green beans, also known as string beans, are the best-known of the bean family. They’re perfect for a mid-week meal, weekend dinner or even as a snack. In this recipe we will be using green beans to make a soup. It’s delicious and healthy too, and will certainly fulfil your daily recommended intake of vegetables!
Why are green beans so healthy?
Green beans are very healthy, as the phytonutrients are evenly distributed in the bean and the green beans are crammed with a variety of nutrients and many vitamins. A 100 g of green beans is equal to around 20% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin C. Moreover beans also contain a lot of fibre, some protein and the amino acid, tryptophan. So this soup is something you simply have to make!